Innovative Publication’s all journals are fully open access and require Article Publication Charges (APCs) to be paid following acceptance. To help support researchers who are unable to meet some of the costs associated with publishing Open Access (OA), Innovative operates a transparent waiver policy. Our goal is to effectively bridge digital research in developing countries.
We grant waivers in cases of genuine need, therefore we automatically apply Article Publishing Charges (APC) waiver or discounts to those articles in gold open access journals for which all author groups are based in a country eligible for the Research4Life program.
Waiver qualifying criteria
Innovative support researchers in the low-income economies listed county mentioned below, we provide an automatic 100% waiver of any Article Processing Changes for manuscript where the corresponding author’s listed affiliation is in one of these countries.
Innovative will provide a 50% reduction in any APCs when the author(s) of an article does not have the funding required to cover these charges and can provide one of the following:
- Signed letter from the retired or independent author(s) indicating their lack of institutional association and confirming payment will be made from personal funds (all authors on paper must be retired or independent and confirm this).
- Signed letter from the author(s) suitable institutional representative, such as the institutional head of Department, with verifiable institutional email address confirming payment will be made from author’s personal funds (all authors must provide a letter to this effect)
- If an author group from a non-Research4Life country cannot afford the APC to publish an article in a gold open access journal and they can demonstrate they had no research funding, we will consider individual waiver requests on a case by case basis.
- Signed letter from author suitable institutional representative, such as institutional Department, with verifiable institutional email address confirming payment, will be made from author’s personal funds (all authors must provide a letter to this effect)
Request to apply 50% reduction in APC should be made when submitting your manuscript by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, request made during the review process or after acceptance will not be considered.
APC Waivers and Discounts
Innovative provides an automatic waiver for Article Processing Charges (APCs) for manuscripts shows the corresponding authors are based in low-income countries. Please contact email@example.com. if you have any questions in regards to this.
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- East Timor
- El Salvador
- Palestinian Authority
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
This policy was last updated on 05th March 2021.